Termovent has completed a cleanroom engineering project for a pharmaceutical company in North Macedonia.
Bionika, located in Skopje, is a pharmaceutical company for the production of solid, semi-solid and liquid dosage forms of drugs. Bionika is a company that respects the highest standards of production in pharmacy, and as such, has a presence in the regional market.
The commissioning, together with the validation, took three weeks
Termovent cooperated with the company Bionika for the first time in 2011. In 2021, the company was pleased to renew this cooperation. The purpose of the project was to expand the production capacity of Bionika and was completed in March 2022.
The scope of Termovent's work on this project included:
- Delivery and installation of complete ductwork with associated elements
- Delivery and installation of air handling units
- Delivery and installation of cleanrooms
- Delivery and installation of hot and cold water pipelines
- Delivery and installation of compressed air pipes with associated fittings
- Delivery and installation of steam boiler
- Delivery and installation of steam distribution pipelines
- Delivery and installation of electrical cabinets for the fields of energy and automation
- Delivery, installation and cabling of peripheral equipment (sensors, actuators, pressure switches, etc)
- Delivery and installation of steel structure for bearing external channels
Termovent started this project in June 2021. In the period between July and September, the company successfully did:
- Design phase
- Equipment order
- Creation of 3D models for clean rooms
- Creation of 3D models of duct and pipe distribution
- Steam installation
- Compressed air
- Coordination with other installations
This was followed by the beginning of works, delivery of complete equipment and the beginning of installation. The initially planned and agreed dynamics with investors were respected. The commissioning, together with the validation, took three weeks.
One of the challenges that Termovent successfully overcame on this project was the lack of space in the technical floor and the suspended ceiling. Also, as a solution for carrying the external channels, a complete construction had to be done. In the scope of automation, the challenge was the integration of old and new SCADA systems. Nevertheless, the project was successfully completed, within the agreed deadline, and we were pleased to include this reference in our experience.
Project in numbers:
- The duration of the project: October 2021 - March 2022
- Air handling units: 4 systems with Hygienic air handling units
- Air flow: 20.000 m3;/h
- Cleanroom area: 400 sqm
- Total square footage of the canal distribution: 1600 sqm