Rapid Micro Biosystems to exhibit at the PDA Pharmaceutical Microbiology Conference
On 17-18 of February, Rapid Micro Biosystems will exhibit and present two posters at the Parenteral Drug Association's Pharmaceutical Microbiology Conference at the Hotel Palace in Berlin, Germany
Rapid Micro Biosystems will exhibit and present two posters at the Parenteral Drug Association's Pharmaceutical Microbiology Conference at the Hotel Palace in Berlin, Germany on 17-18 February 2015. The focus of this year's conference will be the 'Current State and Future Focus' of the industry, and the event will include presentations from regulatory, industry and technology representatives worldwide.
Rapid Micro Biosystems will be exhibiting at booth 8. In addition to the exhibit, the company is pleased to have two posters on display in the poster hall of the event.
The first is 'Performance Comparability of Commercial Preparations of Test Organisms Used in the Validation of RMMs: Not All Bugs are Created Equal', presented by Andrew Sage.
- Review the importance of the use of commercial preparations for validation testing and how RMMs may improve growth performance evaluations
- Discuss growth performance attributes one can use for comparability testing using RMMs
- Describe the study methods and results of testing five species recommended by the USP from three vendors using a Rapid Method to compare their growth performance against in-house cultured preparations
The second poster is 'Getting Lean: Benefits of Automation in the Microbiology Lab', presented by Kevin Walsh. It will:
- Describe lean principles and how they relate to the microbiology lab
- Define the processes within the microbiology lab that generate waste
- Review the benefits of implementing automated microbiological testing platforms
- Review the available automated systems and the risks and benefits of each