New from plastic tubing manufacturer NewAge Industries is Clearflo 70 PVC tubing, a phthalate-free product. Clearflo 70 was developed in response to customers’ interest in fluid transfer products that do not contain leachable phthalates such as DEHP (Di-2-ethylhexyl phthalate) or BPA (bisphenol A). Some studies indicate that phthalates – chemicals used to make certain plastic materials more flexible and easier to process – may have a negative health impact.
"Our customers want to use the safest possible tubing in their processes," stated Gregg Donovan, Product Marketing Manager. “Removing the threat of a potential health hazard on our end removes the worry from our customers and lets them focus on their products."
In addition to being phthalate-free, features of Clearflo 70 tubing include:
- The finished tubing meets USP Class VI requirements
- Made from non-toxic ingredients conforming to FDA standards
- NSF-51 (National Sanitation Foundation) listed for use with food equipment materials
- Glass-like clarity lets users view fluid flow
- Smooth surfaces for outstanding flow
- Flexibility with light weight and abrasion resistance
- Handles a variety of chemicals, gases and liquids
NewAge stocks Clearflo 70 in fifty sizes ranging from 1/16" through 2" I.D.; larger sizes are available. The company also offers braid reinforced PVC hose for higher pressure usage, as well as fitting and clamps for attachment.
Learn more about new Clearflo 70 tubing at newageindustries.com/clearflo-clear-pvc-tubing.asp