Astell, the autoclave and sterilisation specialist, has launched a new range of circular autoclaves. The new offering comes with all the features of Astell’s popular front loading Swiftlock machines but removes the hinged door. This design improves access and reduces required floor space.
Available in five chamber sizes, from 120 litres up to 344 litres in capacity, the sliding door circular autoclaves are fitted with heaters in chamber as standard — making them suitable for sterilising common laboratory items such as media/fluids, general waste, empty glassware and unwrapped instruments.
Astell said a full range of options can be applied to the range to add vacuum, heated jacket and an integral steam generator, meaning it becomes possible to sterilise more complex loads such as hazardous waste, fabrics and porous items or to customise the machine as required. Custom chamber sizes are available upon request.
A choice of manual or automatic sliding door operation is available with no cost difference; however, automatic actuation requires an external air supply or Astell’s integral air compressor option.
Astell has pointed out that its circular chamber sliding door autoclave range boasts several advantages that make them an essential consideration for any laboratory:
- generally, circular section pressure vessels are more cost efficient to produce than their square chamber equivalents in small to mid-range capacities
- with a sliding door steriliser the operating space requirements are less than for a front opening design using a hinged door, making loading and unloading a much simpler experience
- there is no manual locking mechanism to operate, this being electronically controlled via the standard fitment colour touchscreen controller
- automatic door actuation makes it a simple push of a button to close the door
- the autoclave is totally self-contained needing only simple connections to local services.
Dave Thomas, Astell spokesperson, said: “With this update to the sliding door circular chamber range, Astell provides the most comprehensive selection of autoclaves and options on the market. And our decades of experience ensure we will recommend you the best performing solution.”