Open for entry: KCP Golden Service Awards 2011
Cleaning | Regulatory
Cleaning companies have the opportunity to gain the recognition they deserve
The Golden Service Awards 2011, organised by Kimberly-Clark Professional, in partnership with the Cleaning and Support Services Association (CSSA), are now open for entry.
The awards, which offer contract cleaning companies and in-house professionals the opportunity to promote the excellent work carried out by cleaning teams and give them the recognition they deserve, officially commenced on Tuesday this week. Entrants have until midday on Friday 29 April 2011 to send in their applications.
Application is by entry form only, which can be downloaded from the website at: www.goldenserviceawards.co.uk
The categories are as follows:
Best Cleaned Premises:
1. Educational Establishment (schools, colleges, universities)
2. Public Sector Buildings (excluding offices)
3. Healthcare Establishment (hospitals, care establishments)
4. Individual Retail Unit (new award)
5. Large Retail Establishment (supermarkets, department stores, shopping malls)
6. Manufacturing (factories, processing plants, power generation stations)
7. Transport (airports, rail/bus stations, ferry terminals)
8. Hospitality (hotels, restaurants, catering, leisure)
9. Offices below 50,000ft2 (either all or part of a building)
10. Offices above 50,001ft2 (either all or part of a building)
11. C&M Best Cleaned Premises (office buildings above 500,000ft2)
12. The Cleaning & Support Services Association (CSSA) Award for excellence in a small cleaning business (for companies with a turnover of less than £3m per year)
13. The Best Specialist Cleaning Company Award (for companies which specialise in a particular cleaning field)
14. The Health & Safety Award (for companies which have taken significant steps to improve Health & Safety in the workplace)
15. The Diversey Environmental Awareness Award (for companies which have taken significant steps in their treatment of the environment)
16. The BICSc Industry Training Award (for cleaning service companies with excellent innovative training strategies that give consideration to national training policy and provide quantifiable benefits to both organisations and individuals)
17. Service Delivery Innovation of the Year (for cleaning service companies that can demonstrate successful management innovation in the delivery of cleaning service leading to improved customer satisfaction)
18. The BCC Site Supervisor of the Year (for excellent performance by a site supervisor)
19. The Kimberly-Clark Professional Cleaner of the Year (for excellent performance by a cleaning operative)
The Golden Service Awards are open to all segments of the cleaning and support services industry in the UK and Ireland. Any contract cleaning company or in-house cleaning team can enter and the awards are judged not on the size of the business, but on the quality of the service provided.
The award ceremony will take place on Friday 4 November 2011 at the Lancaster London Hotel.