Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
The role as Senior Technician is to be responsible for performing a range of routine analyses ensuring that projects are completed effectively and meet the customer’s contractual agreements. Perform microbiological analysis and report work in accordance with the quality standards. This role focuses on the analysis of products using techniques such as those found in the pharmacopoeias.
In addition, this role supports the laboratory organisation by stock maintenance, sample management and the quality/GMP system by media quality control, calibration activities, instrument maintenance, and raw data filing.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform a range of routine analysis using, but not limited to, pharmacopoeial methods under supervision of a senior member of staff.
- To perform work following validation protocols.
- Operate basic lab equipment as directed.
- Be proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory’s LIMS system, Q-Pulse.
- Provide training in routine activities and methods.
- Perform Lab admin and housekeeping duties as directed.
- Efficient and reliable laboratory consumable’s stock maintenance.
- Media quality control, calibration activities, instrument maintenance, and raw data filing.
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
- Relevant scientific degree degree or equivalent laboratory experience.
- Good understanding of basic lab equipment
- Communication skills to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to conduct microbiology analysis under supervision.
- English fluency.
- Pharmaceutical industry knowledge.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful international business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Primary Location: EU-GB-England-Reading
Job: RDQ RSSL
For full details and to apply, click here.